Advantages and Disadvantages of Plush Mascots
One of the most common materials used to make a mascot costume is plush. Plush is a textile that has a cut pile or nap. It is the same as velvet or fustian. Unlike velvet, plush is longer and less dense. Originally, it is consist of mohair or worsted yarn. However, some companies now use either silk alone or in combination with cotton. It has a soft material that is widely used for furniture and upholstery. It is also much used in millinery and dress. Modern plush is manufactured from synthetic fibres like polyester. One of the largest uses of this fabric is in stuffed toys such as teddy bears. It is also used for the production of designer toys.
Plush mascots add a beautiful look to your costume. It is warm and inviting. Usually, it is also more comfortable to wear than other materials. If you are considering plush to make your mascot costume, here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of plush mascots.
Most people prefer plush over other materials for their mascots. This is due to the advantages that they offer.
1. Plush mascots are more comfortable to wear compared to other materials.
2. They look more inviting and provide more softness.
3. They allow you to mingle with other people without the risk of hurting them or making them feel uncomfortable.
4. Plush provides a nice finish to your mascot costume.
5. They add a dramatic look, especially when dark-coloured.
6. They can also look classic in more neutral colours.
7. Plush mascots are denser compared to other mascots made of other materials.
8. They are durable. They can outlive other materials as long as you take good care of it.
Although plush mascots are most preferred by people, there are also disadvantages that made them less appealing for some.
1. Plush mascots often leave marks more easily that other materials.
2. They can be tricky to wash.
3. They take a lot of time to clean.
4. Stains can be an issue with plush mascots. Since the material is twisted and higher than other types, stains can permeate the mascot more quickly.
5. Spills should be attended immediately in order to avoid staining.
Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of plush mascots allows you to make a better choice for your costume. Despite the disadvantages, plush mascots are still a great choice compare to other materials.